Terms and conditions
1. Protection of Personal Information
- Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) sets out rules and principles for the management of personal information by commercial organizations. Council services are made available to aboriginal job seekers across Canada.
- The type of personal information that is protected includes almost any information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, and nationality
- PIPEDA provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent.
- We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
2. What Information Do We Collect
- We request certain information from you if you elect to register as a user of this site (“Registration Information”). Registration Information includes your full name, email address and postal code.
- If you are a registered user of the site you may elect to post one or more resumes (“Resumes”) to the site for purposes solely for Inclusion Works. Your resume should contain additional information such as your experience, education, skills or any other information about yourself that you decide to provide.
3. Use of Information by Indigenous Works
- Registration information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site, specifically for the purpose of events and workshops.
User Information for Applicants of the Inclusion Works National Aboriginal Recruitment Fair
- If you are a registered user on this site and have provided us with registration Information, we may use your registration information and user information to allow us to select registered users to participate in Inclusion Works National Aboriginal Recruitment Fair, also allowing us to provide additional information to you, such as the Inclusion Network site.
Resumes for the Inclusion Works National Aboriginal Recruitment Fair
- Resumes are accessed by Indigenous Works Inclusion Works National Aboriginal Recruitment Fair human resource professionals. You will contacted a representative via email notifying if you have been selected to participate in the fair.
- We make every effort through contractual means and through the use of user IDs and passwords to restrict those who have access to our Resume database from using Resumes other than for the purpose of fulfilling a job posting for the Recruitment Fair. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not gain access to the database. If at any time you would like your Resume removed from the Workopolis site, you may do so by using the “delete resume” function located on the site.
- In addition to the application of this site your resume if not selected shall be forwarded to our public Inclusion Network site allowing for employers to have access to search resumes for job opportunities.
Communication with Indigenous Works
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Improper Use of Personal Information
4. Retention of Information
- You may choose to delete your resume from our records at any time. Certain Registration Information regarding your account with us will normally be retained such as your name, email address and postal code should you wish to post a resume or access our services subsequently.
- All personal information destroyed or erased from our records is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
5. Your Consent
- We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
- If you withdraw your consent to the disclosure of personal information that you have previously authorized us to share with others you hereby decline your participate in the Inclusion Works National Aboriginal Recruitment Fair.
6. Disclosure of Information
- We will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide to us.
- With the exception of credit card transactions, we never transfers any personal information to third parties for processing or storage.
7. Access and Accuracy and Update of Personal Information
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you
- You may similarly contact us to address errors or omissions relating to your personal information by emailing the contact person identified.
- Where we consider it appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that we collect, use or disclose, we use encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect certain your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in. Our practices and procedures for safeguarding your information are regularly reviewed.
- E-mails you send to us are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us.
- It is important that you keep your User ID and password information secure and that you not share it with anyone, in order to safeguard your personal information on our site.
- There are occasionally fraudulent “phishing” emails targeting individuals who the perpetrators believe might be registered users of this site. We never send an email which requests users to visit a Web page or place a call and provide their user ID, password or any personal information. We will never ask you to confirm your user ID or password via email. If you ever receive such an email, do not log in from any referred link and do not provide any personal information. You should contact our contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Contact Us
- Indigenous Works will make information about its policies and practices relating to management of personal information readily available. Please direct any questions about our privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to our records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints to email@example.com. All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.
- You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our toll-free line at 1-866.711.5091.